
I've fallen a little behind in my blogging recently, even though I have had much to blog about! April was filled with trips, which means it was also filled with preparations for trips. Kyle and I took our first two trips away from Jack and I have to say, we did quite well.
The first trip was to New York. We were able to visit with my dear friend McCharen, and I had the wonderful opportunity to watch Amanda pick out her beautiful wedding dress. We did not go "see the sights" and only went shopping once, for Jack's birthday. Instead, we slept in, took walks and found some fabulous local places to eat (thanks, McCharen!).
One day, we walked from our hotel, all along Central Park to the Met where we spent hours looking at wonderful art and artifacts. What an incredible museum.
The other trip we took away from the Best Boy was to Chicago. This was a whirlwind of a trip, as we left Jackson Friday evening and returned Sunday evening. The very short (nonstop) flight made it possible for Kyle to not miss any work, which was very, very nice.

We went to Chicago to visit our friend Jimmy and to help him move. He was recently relocated there and was moving from his temporary apartment to a more permanent (and much nicer!) one. It was such a nice visit. He took us to his favorite restaurant, we went to Wrigley Field (!!!) and watched the Cubs win. We walked around his new neighborhood and discovered new restaurants and shops in his area. It, like New York, was a great trip--long enough to have fun, not too long that we missed Jack too much.
Now, we are home from all that, but packing for yet another trip. We're leaving for Florida and will be there for about 9 days. We are, of course, taking Jack, and we are also taking Jack to the beach for the first time while we're there. I am very excited because while it is a long and taxing drive, it is so very worth it to be with my in-laws. Being with them, and at their house, is a vacation for me and I am very much looking forward to this trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment