
I've been asked by several people how my little garden is doing, so I thought this might be a good time to provide a quick update. My container garden is doing fabulous, tons of tomatoes, enough blackberries for proper snacking and the herbs are growing by leaps and bounds.
The in-ground garden is also doing really well, although from the picture I am posting with this article, it looks somewhat bare. The "empty spots" have little seedlings (tomatoes, cucumbers and watermelon) that the camera did not pick up.
The mint bed is doing, as always, unbelievably well and the mint is as high as my hip.
Planted in the containers are: oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, tomatoes, chili peppers, blackberries, raspberries, a fig tree (needs to be transplanted), a kiwi vine (needs to be transplanted), shallots and asparagus (needs to be transplanted). The in-ground garden contains tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, watermelon, bell peppers, onions, shallots, garlic, beans, asparagus and eggplant. I staggered my plantings so I would have a longer harvesting season.
I am very much looking forward to harvesting enough Roma tomatoes to be able to can them for future use when making pizza and pasta sauces. I would like to also have enough cucumbers to make pickles with.
Anyway, here is a quick look at the garden. Once we get back home, I'll take more photos and update the blog on the garden's progress a little more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment