As I mentioned in an earlier post, we just returned from a wedding weekend in Charleston, South Carolina.
The wedding was at The Citadel where the groom, Jimmy, went to college. Because he went to college there (as did his younger brother, who also got married in the chapel), the couple decided to get married at The Citadel chapel.
The day of the wedding, the boys and I had to take Kyle to the chapel early for some photos, so after we dropped him off, we decided to walk around the quad (which I think they call the Parade Grounds) before going back to the hotel. I let Jack push Sam in the stroller, which gives Jack a sense of responsibility, which is good.
Jimmy's brother, Matt, had mentioned that at each point of the Parade Grounds there were retired military machines/aircraft, such as a tank and (of course) a helicopter. Since Jack is seriously obsessed with helicopters, we had to stop for a photo op next to this one:
After that little excursion, I took the boys back to the hotel, then I returned to the chapel for the wedding. The chapel is beautiful--simple, elegant, and full of stained glass. It also has every state flag hanging from its walls and of course melds faith with patriotism (I'd expect nothing less from The Citadel's chapel).
The wedding was short, sweet, and to the point. Our friend Josh and I sat very close to the front and enjoyed watching Jimmy say his vows with his lovely bride, Lauren.
When the wedding was over, Jimmy and Lauren enjoyed an elegant and stately sword arch as the descended the steps of the chapel.
When they reached the bottom, the last two cadets held their swords in front of the couple, indicating that the couple was supposed to kiss (which they did!). After they kissed, one of the cadets said to Lauren, "welcome to The Citadel family!"
1 comment:
When he said, "Welcome to the Citadel family!" he also slapped her on the rear with his sword.
Post a Comment