Ah... the Farmer's Market. Our local Farmer's Market is great. Like most markets, we can buy almost everything we need for the week there, from flowers to jam to fresh eggs. Ours is a year-round market, and because of our climate, we are able to purchase items on a more consistent basis than most places.
It's a great place to see old friends and experience a part of our city, and our state, that we may not ordinarily see. It gives me a chance to learn more about our area growing seasons, which will help me as we plan our own garden.
I love taking Jack there because it gives him a chance to see new faces, smell new smells and hear different sounds. As he grows up, I want him to understand where his food comes from, that someone had to cultivate the land to provide us with healthy things to eat. He loves going because he gets showered with attention, which is something he only gets from his parents, grandparents, aunt, uncles, great-grandmothers, friends and total strangers on a very regular basis.
This spring, Jack and I will have our own garden, hopefully with the help of Kyle, even though he's not big into the garden-thing. Our yard is huge, but very shaded, so we'll have to get quite creative in our planning process. However, that is a topic for another blog article. I am hoping that ours is a successful garden, but even so, I'm sure we'll continue to visit the Farmer's Market. It's just too much fun not too!
1 comment:
We need a trip to the Farmers' Market! Mom
Post a Comment