Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home Life



I would like to think that everyone believes they live in the best region on earth.  We certainly do.  My husband is a native Floridian and I am a Mississippi girl, and while we currently reside in my hometown, we consider both places "home."  

The South is a wonderful place--hot, steamy summers punctuated by thunderstorms; short, typically mild winters; rainy, vibrant springs that produce fireflies, ladybugs and everything green; and of course my husbands favorite season--fall, and with it, football.

This past fall not only brought another winning season to my husbands alma mater,  the University of Florida, but also a visit from my in-laws.  If you know my in-laws, you love them.  If you don't know them, I honestly feel sorry for you.  My husband and I could not ask for a better in-law situation--we don't just get along, we all love each other, and we have the happy fortune of our parents loving each other as well.  They made the long trip to Mississippi and my father-in-law quickly stated that they were doing "whatever Jack does."  

It was a great weekend.  My parents stopped by a few times, we all went out together, and then the morning my in-laws left, we had brunch in our backyard.  It was cool, crisp and beautiful.  We set up a "cook station" outside so we could have everything near the table--waffles, bacon, eggs, grapefruit, orange juice and coffee.  Jack hung out with his grandpas (for whom he is named) and the three of them watched the birds while we got everything ready.  My mother-in-law, with her awesome camera, took photos, and I think she really captured the morning.

One of my favorite pictures from the weekend is one I took of my mother-in-law holding Jack as he sleeps.  I don't know who looks more content, him as he's being held, or her as she's
holding him.  It is such a sweet image, and I know one day he's going to cherish having it.  

  




No comments:

Post a Comment