I am alone with my thoughts, a rare moment for most moms, which have varying degrees of importance--"I need to go to the grocery store," "What are we going to get the brothers-in-law for Christmas this year," "Is mid-October too early to decorate my house for Christmas," "Don't forget to buy stamps."
It is usually about this time that I hear little feet walking across our wooden floor and, looking up, I see a little smiling face headed my way. His hair is tousled, his eyes are bright. With blanket ("Dee") and his stuffed redfish in tow, he is always happy to see me, happy to greet the morning with me, happy of this time we have together. And so am I. I love that, even as our family grows, Jack and I have these little moments. We sit on Couch together, I sip my coffee, he sips his 'tine. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we snuggle. Mostly, we just enjoy the stillness of the morning together. This time before we have to get ready and face the responsibilities of the day--the errands, the chores, Mother's Morning Out, the appointments. It is our time, and even if it's only for a few minutes, it is the most treasured time of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment