Saturday, January 22, 2011

Recent Knitting Projects

Here's a fun cardigan I knitted for my niece as a Christmas gift:


It was my first clothing project besides fingerless gloves, and included a lovely Fair Isle yoke with elephants and little flowers. Instead of finding buttons (I can never find cute ones I like), I knit two button holes and used a ribbon to close the cardigan. I really liked the way it turned out.



It consisted of only four colors, and the sweet owner of my local yarn shop really helped me pick out the right ones.



I had never worked a Fair Isle pattern before, but once I got the hang of it, not only was it easy, but it worked much faster than I anticipated.



Here's the finished result. I had so much fun that I've purchased more of the green yarn so I can make another one soon!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is crazy cute!! You are a knitting nerd and I am in awe and envy!
-Avis-

Post a Comment