Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Recent Sewing Project

I've been meaning to post this for about a week and never got around to it, but have decided to take advantage of naptime and go on and post it now.

I love naptime. Not my own, but for all (and I mean all) the boys in the house.

Here's an apron I made the other day: (please excuse me, my diet starts tomorrow)


(Note: This was taken in our guest bathroom. I was standing on Jack's step stool. Isn't our vintage wallpaper rockin'?!?)

Anyway, back in June, Mom, Dad, Jack and I (and Sam, in utero, of course) went to the Canton, Texas Flea Market, and I found this old piece of cloth. I loved the sailboat design and didn't want to cut it, so I earmarked it for an apron. However, pregnancy, summer, trips, and other fun things got in the way, so it never got made until about a week or so ago.

Here's a closer shot of the sailboats. Cute, huh?

I thought it would be fun to make the apron long, kinda like the kind of aprons that waiter wear at nice restaurants. You know, the kind of restaurants with white linens on the tables and fancy-pants specials. At least, I assume waiters still wear long aprons. I haven't been to a fancy-pants restaurant in a while. They usually don't have highchairs.

Anyway, without cutting the fabric at all, I merely hemmed the sides and bottom with about a 1/4-inch hem and then hemmed the top with about 2 inches, sewing in the straps as I went along.

Very simple and, I think, very cute. Cutest $1 piece of fabric I've ever bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment