Most crafters, including myself, craft year-round. This is because most projects take time and it just doesn't work to start knitting a Christmas gift after Thanksgiving. Unless, of course, it's for the next Christmas.
Having said that, I started knitting a Christmas gift for my niece about 3 weeks ago (I'll post that and it's progress soon) and have been working on a Thanksgiving table runner for a little over a year now. However, because it's March and because I'm not pregnant and because we'll spend Thanksgiving here at home this year (and will be hosting), I've decided that there's no time like the present to finish this lovely quilted table runner.
I found the pattern on thepurlbee, the online blog for the yarn and fabric shop in SoHo, Purl. Here's the original pattern, as published by Purl. I say "original" as if I have changed it in some way. I have, but only in fabric choices and the fact that their pattern calls for an invisible stitch to sew the appliqued squares to the linen and I am taking the quick, easy--and admittedly, less attractive--way and I topstitched the squares with my sewing machine. Don't blame me for this. I think it will give the finished project a "folksy" look. And I have two small children. The fact that my sewing machine is seeing any action at all at this point should be impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment