Monday, April 11, 2011

The Garden, 2011

Here are a few early images of the garden:

Oregano. I love this stuff, and have had this plant for over 5 years now. During that time, it has been transplanted and re-transplanted into bigger and bigger pots. It has also moved with me three times.


We're trying our luck with beans and peas this year. In fact, they're going to take up the majority of the garden space.


We grow our own asparagus, and it's been quite successful. I'm not sure how I missed this one, since I cut quite a bit yesterday.


Thyme. This plant isn't as old as my oregano, but I finally transplanted it into the ground on the edge of the garden this year, so if we ever move, I hope the next owners like fresh herbs. (Note: the oregano in the earlier photo is still in a pot, but I also transplanted another pot of oregano into the ground this year.)


Another shot of my baby bean plants. Aren't they cute? I love how the seem to unfold out of the ground. The little seedlings alongside them are carrots, lettuce and broccoli.

I'll post more photos as the garden progresses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Leslie and I love the photography also!! That asparagus looks amazing!!

Love you!

Pammy

Post a Comment