Lately, people have been asking to hear about my adventures in Africa. These are usually people who haven't known me very long and in fact, have known only known me in my current life role: housewife and stay-at-home mom. These are not people who know my life before Kyle, before children.
The requests for the telling (and in some cases, the re-telling) of my stories has caused me to do a few things:
- to reflect on what was my life not so long ago
- to pull out letters, photos and journals of said life
- to blog these experiences.
I want to blog about these experiences because my hope is that one day, this blog coupled with the extensive journals I kept during the time, will serve as a road map for my children--so that they may see their mother as the whole person that I am and not one-sided. But also, and I think more importantly, that they will use my life story to help write their own, knowing that with God nothing is impossible, nothing beyond their reach, and that they can make a difference in others lives if they are willing to open themselves to God's will.
So bear with me as I embark down memory lane and launch this series of stories. If you come with me, I promise you will not be bored. Life, after all, is never dull if you're living right and truth is almost always stranger than fiction.
No comments:
Post a Comment