Here are some photos of our latest attempt at pet ownership.
We bought two calico goldfish this time. When they came home, with us, they were really excited we'd already set up the tent. They thought it was serendipitous, but truth be known, we read their bios and knew that both of them had listed "camping" as an avid interest.
They are really pretty fish. Their tails and fins are very elegant, and their markings are unusual.
They also eat. All. The. Time. Seriously. I started out feeding them once a day, but they go from mild-mannered goldfish to super-strength pirana faster than a speeding bullet. Maybe we should have gotten them a little phone booth...
(Despite all this, they still haven't eaten the fried egg in that skillet. Maybe if they get hungry enough?)
So now, I feed them three times a day. And they attack it every time. We brought them home Sunday and Wednesday I changed the filter and cleaned the tank for the first time. It's staying cleaner now. I think something was going on with the filter.
Anyway, Jack has lost all interest in the fish, which is actually very, very good news for the fish. Or the "twos fishes" as Jack calls them. They don't have names. Jack, like his mother, seems to not name things unless he absolutely has too. Like his blanket, Dee. Or like me, who had to name my kids, so I did. Even though I still call Jack, "the Boy."
1 comment:
Keep them coming, Leslie! I love your blog posts! When you started writing as a young child, I was fascinated by your talent. It has just become bettter and better. Does Gerry Wilson know you have a blog? She would be proud of how well you still write. Love, Mom
Post a Comment