Monday, May 30, 2011

The In-Laws are Coming! The In-Laws are Coming!

Here are my in-laws:

Aren't they adorable?!?

They were high-school sweethearts.

Can you tell?

Anyway, they are coming to visit this weekend and I am so excited that they are. Since we've had Jack, we've managed to see them every 2 months, except for this last stretch. The boys and I went down there in February, and they are coming here early June.

We usually go see them, which is fine by us. When we go to Florida, we also get to see Kyle's brothers, aunt, uncles, cousins and grandmother. Plus (and I know this sounds crazy), we actually enjoy the drive. It's 11 hours, but we time it so the kids are asleep for the majority of it and it gives us a chance to visit.

Anyway, my mother-in-law came to see us shortly after Sam was born, but my father-in-law hasn't been here in over a year. It's tough for him to get off work.

We love it when they're here. We take walks, go to the museum, go swimming (weather permitting), go to the Farmer's Market, and just relax. Jack is always excited to see them, but when they come to his house and sleep over?!? It's better than Christmas.

For the past 10 or 11 weeks, we have been busy, busy, busy with birthday parties, trips, church obligations and life in general. So, to have company come to us is a welcomed change of pace. Also, I get to make Salad Nicoise, which is my favorite, as well as my mother-in-laws favorite. I also have some other tricks up my sleeve, but since my in-laws read the blog, I'm not going to write about them right now.

For now, I'm off to get ready for their arrival!


No comments:

Post a Comment