Here are a few photos of Jack's birthday party:
It was actually pretty low-key. Just family, a few friends, and our next-door neighbors. Both March and April were pretty busy for us, and I knew all Jack really cared about was seeing his little friends and cousins, so planning this party was super-easy. I made cupcakes and mint tea, ordered a Chick-Fil-A party tray and set out some bubbles.
Jack loves cupcakes (who doesn't?!?), and I knew it was going to be torture for him to be in a house full of cupcakes all morning, so my parents came and took him to breakfast. He was actually late for his own party! Still, once he got home and saw his friends had arrived, he forgot all about the cupcakes until Kyle brought one out for him.
We sang "Happy Birthday" to him and he got to blow out his candles (he loves fire), but we asked guests not to bring presents because he truly doesn't care. I'm thinking this Christmas will be the big turning point for him.
Anyway, our neighbors did bring over a little gift--a puzzle and a hard hat, which Jack and his friends all seemed to enjoy. But mainly, they just played with the bubbles, ran around in the yard and whacked each other with balloons.
2 comments:
Hate that we missed it! Williams-Sonoma has pirate-themed cupcake decorations. Just sayin'!
Sounds like a great time! The pictures are awesome!! Well I can tell you that my brother rented an actual pirate ship (he lives in FL) for my niece's 3rd birthday (or maybe it was 2nd)! They had a blast - I will ask him what else they did that was pirate-y! I think he actually dressed up as a pirate and my dad (the grandpa of course) rocked an eye patch the whole day!
Post a Comment